The thermal management materials marketMüller Ahlhorn
Ahlhorn | 23.09.2020
The thermal management materials market
Thermally conductive pastes are used in the fields of electrical engineering, electronics, engine construction, heating and cooling devices. Efficient heat conduction and a long service life are requirements that are placed on the materials.
Thermal paste consists primarily of silicone oil and zinc oxide. High-quality varieties are available with aluminum, copper, graphite and silver components.
Typical areas of application are heat-sensitive components where an active or passive cooler is used. It serves as an assembly aid for electronics, measurement and control technology and for improved heat dissipation from electronic components such as power transistors. Thermally conductive pastes compensate for unevenness and enable better heat transfer from the component to the heat sink.
Areas of application for thermal paste
Thermal pastes are used in the following industries, among others:
- Electrical engineering and electronics industry
- Plastics industry (extrusion nozzle heating, hot runner manifolds, compression molds, screen changing devices),
- Shoe machine industry (vulcanizing presses and mold heating, lasting machines, hot stamping devices),
- Foundries (core molds and molds, die casting machines, vacuum furnace heating),
- Apparatus construction and laboratory industry (hot plates, industrial baths, distillation systems, soldering baths, oil sump heating, sterilizing baths, oil preheaters),
- Wood machine industry (hot glue, melting and application devices, branding iron),
- Packaging machine industry (embossing, sealing and welding stamp heating, carton sealing machines, tube filling and sealing machines),
- Medical technology (inhalers and sterilizers, polymerisation devices, dialysis machines),
- as well as in general mechanical engineering (small air heaters, expansion screw heating, bookbinding machines, refrigeration compressors).
Top – Key-Player am Markt
The top key players in electronic thermal management materials are:
- Honeywell International Inc,
- Amerasia International (AI) – Technology,
- Inc, the European Thermodynamics Ltd.,
- Parker Chomerics,
- Laird PLC Henkel AG & Company,
- Wacker AG,
- Herr Corporation,
- Marian Inc,
- Darcoid Gesellschaft und
- Dr. Dietrich Müller GmbH
The Dr. D. Müller GmbH is one of the leading suppliers worldwide with more than 50 different thermal pastes. The thermal pastes work in a range from -180 to + 1200 ° C. IMDS-listed thermal pastes are also available for applications in the automotive industry. Special vacuum-compatible thermal conductive pastes can also be produced at the customer’s request.